الثلاثاء، 1 ديسمبر 2015

simple things you can do right now for heathier hair

I have to admit something. My hair has been looking mighty frail lately. And I just don’t like it.
Remember back in January when I tried out that ‘no-poo’ fad? Well, ya, I think I’m still paying for it. My hair hasn’t been the same since and it got me thinking. In reality, it’s going to be a process for me to get my hair back looking and feeling healthy again. Thankfully I didn’t do the no-poo method for very long! But in the meantime, while I am nursing my hair back to life, what can I do so that it doesn’t look so… gross?
Then this post title popped into my head – Thing You Can Do Right Now to Make Your Hair Look Healthier! It’s a little long so I settled with the current post title – 4 Simple Tips for Healthier Hair Right Now. So if you are struggling with dead ends or lifeless hair like me, keep reading!


Now, just to be clear, there are a lot of things you can do to maintain healthy hair and to have healthier hair over all. I wrote a whole post about it. These 4 tips for healthier hair I’m sharing today are really just things you can do immediately to help your hair look healthier. So continue to follow these tips over all and if you need a little hair pick-me-up, then check out the 4 tips below!


Get a trim


Yep, this is probably the best thing you can do. Trims are crucial for healthier hair. Trust me, I should know, I haven’t had one in a while! I’m walking proof that trims are a good thing. So call your hair stylist and make an appointment, mama’s hair needs some life. If it’s not in the budget to get your hair trimmed when you need it, try the local beauty school. The prices are a lot cheaper and it’s hard to mess up a trim. Also you’re helping someone get some good practice!
**Side Note** – let me just clarify that just because some kind of ‘hair law’ dictates that you get a trim every 6 weeks doesn’t mean you have to! If you’re hair is looking healthy and you don’t see a lot of split ends, then you don’t need a trim! Make sure you talk with your stylist about how often you should get them done. If they are pushing for a trim every 6 weeks when you really don’t feel like you need it, they might just be trying to get an extra $30 weeks out of ya! Know your hair!

Do your color



This one saved me. I hadn’t colored my hair in… well, in a long time. It was bad. My husband was all “Hey babe, when are you getting your color done?” His nice way of saying “Dang girl, your hair needs some work!” So when my parents were visiting last week, one of the first nights they were here, we busted out the Madison Reed and got it done. It took my hair from brassy, faded reddish- brown to a healthy, deep red-brown. So. Much. Better. It can get pricey if you only go to your stylist, but if you can, try coloring your hair yourself at home. Madison Reed has a system where the product is delivered to your house every ____ weeks (you choose the time between color) so you can always know that you have your color waiting for you! A fresh color with a fresh trim will really step up your hair game.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق